Ionization is a natural process occurring as a result of particle collisions, during which a molecule has gained or lost an electron. The first group is called “negative ions” (beneficial for health); whereas the latter is known as “positive ions” (harmful to humans).
- “Ions are molecules that have gained or lost an electrical charge. They are created in nature as air molecules break apart due to sunlight, radiation, and moving air and water.” (Source: WebMD.com: Click Here…)
- “Falling water has sufficient energy to tear apart electrons from the air. When enough energy acts on a molecule such as carbon dioxide, oxygen or water, it displaces an electron. The original molecule that lost an electron becomes a positive ion. These ions, in turn, react with dust and pollutants to form larger particles. The displaced electron cluster around a charged atom and acquire a negative charge.” (Source: HealthMad.com: Click Here…)
Every home has a built-in natural ionizer – the shower.
- “In fact, every home has a built in natural ionizer — the shower.”(Source: MedicineNet.com Click Here…)
- When naturally purified and ionized water is absorbed through the pores, it is thrown into the blood stream, causing numerous health benefits, including:
Improvements in mood, concentration and sleep, effectively relieve stress and fatigue, cure headaches and migraines and fight depression,that’s caused by the “Negative ions”.
- “This surfeit of negative ions has long been associated with improvements in mood and physical health. Researchers at the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow discovered that negative ions are able to help protect the body from induced physical stress. When the researchers immobilized rats and exposed them to negatively charged air ions they discovered that the ions prevented the development of pathological changes characteristic of acute stress that are observed in untreated rats. The protective action of negative air ions was observed in all the experimental animals independently of their types of behavior.” (Source: NutritionReview.org:Click Here…)
- “When the body’s serotonin levels fall, anxiety and fatigue gain hold. Electronic negative ion generators have been used to treat migraines, asthma, and depression. Negative ions can treat depression”. (Source: HealthMad.com: Click Here…)
Negative ions kill bacteria, viruses (flu/cold) and germs. They eliminate dust, pollen and various pollutants, relieving those suffering from allergies and various respiratory problems such as asthma, sinus and bronchitis.
- “Negative ions remove dust particles and allergens in the air. These ions cluster around dust and pollutants to from larger particles. This causes the particle to become too heavy to remain suspended in air. As a result, the particle falls down, out of the way of causing people breathing problems. In addition research (Dr. Albert P. Krueger, a microbiologist and experimental pathologist at the University of California) has proved that negative ions could kill many micro-organisms.” (Source: HealthMad.com: Click Here…)
- “Researchers from Leeds University found the use of ionizers had a significant impact in cutting the number of infections caused by a potentially dangerous bacterium called acinetobacter.” (Source: BBC: Click Here…)
- “They also may protect against germs in the air, resulting in decreased irritation due to inhaling various particles that make you sneeze, cough, or have a throat irritation.” (Source: WebMd.com: Click Here…)
Further Reading: Negative Ions and Allergies: Click Here,,,
Ionized water proved to be efficient in treating wounds and various skin diseases.
- “An experiment was conducted on electric ions and the permeability of the cell membrane. In the experiment, skin was used to exemplify the cell membrane. When positively charged ions were permeated into the surface of the skin, its pores and sweat glands began to contract. However, when Negative Electric Ions were permeated into the surface of the skin, its pores and sweat glands expanded, which demonstrates good metabolism of the cell membranes. This is phenomenon is called Prototype Plasma Membranes of Dermal Reflectivity. Dr. Arudoman of Germany also conducted a research regarding the influence of ions to the human body. He proposed the following hypothesis – Negatively Charged Ions are beneficial to the human body in four major ways: It helps to strengthen the functions of autonomic nerves, reinforces collagen (tissues that are resilient and tension-related), improves the permeability of the cell’s prototype plasma membranes (improves metabolism), and strengthens the body’s immune system.” (Source: Scribd.com: Click Here… )
- Our body’s energy system is essentially electromagnetic in nature. The negatively charged environment stimulates and causes increased blood flow with resultant increased oxygen-carrying capacity to cells and tissues. This improves the hormone production and helps the body to heal itself.(Source: HealthMad.com: Click Here…)
Negative ions strengthen immunity, improve physiological responses and reduce pain in joints due to arthritis.
- Exercise Sciences in Liverpool exposed male subjects to negative ions and measured physiological responses, including body temperature, heart rate and respiration, while at rest and during exercise. Negative ions were found to significantly improve all physiological states, particularly during rest. Most important was the finding that negative ions are “biologically active and that they do affect the body’s circadian rhythmicity.” (Source: NutritionReview.org: Click Here…)
- “Negative ions can help reduce pain in the joints due to arthritis.” (Source: HealthMad.com Click Here…)