Hazards of Showering in Chlorinated Water
General Info:Introduced in the beginning of 20th century as a chemical aimed at disinfecting our water from bacteria and germs, chlorine has proven over the years to have adverse effects on the human body, destroying the healthy cells and causing various health complications, ranging from skin aging and dandruff to respiratory complications and even cancer.
How It Works:
Internationally renowned scientific sources have proven that the majority of chlorine exposure comes from showering: the dangerous chemical is quickly absorbed by the skin through open pores; its destructive vapors are inhaled and dissipate throughout the house, causing multiple health complications to the entire family. The devastating effects of chlorine are numerous, here are just a few of them:
Hazards To Your Beauty:
- Chlorine is known to damage healthy skin, causing dehydration, aging, wrinkles and skin diseases.
- It causes severe rashes, irritations, redness, acne, eczema, burning feeling and necrosis.
- It is a major cause of hair loss, dandruff, dry and itchy scalp, hair breakage, splitting ends, unmanageable hair and its dull color.
Hazards To Your Health:
- It is one of the main causes of various respiratory problems, including asthma, breathing difficulty, throat swelling, severe pain in the throat, burning in the nose, lips and tongue. In addition, the inhalation of chlorine is a probable cause of bronchitis, especially in children. This number has increased by 300% in the last two decades.
- Chlorine is also linked to breast, bladder, gastro-intestinal and rectal cancers and is proven to cause melanoma.
- Recent studies show the link between chlorinated water and MX, a compound produced when chlorine reacts with organic material in water, causing cancer and genetic mutations (including heart prob lems, a cleft palate or major brain defects).